WIAW: Appreciative

June 29, 2011

I, like many of us, am sometimes guilty of taking my life for granted.  Yesterday just happened to be what I like the call “a perfect day,” and capturing it all on camera allowed me to look back and be appreciative of all I have and do.

That being said, I’m very appreciative of our lovely WIAW hostess, Jenn so help me thank her by checking out the link up and feel free to join the party!

Peas and Crayons

Breakfast:

Overnight oats (still rocking that ground flax in the place of chia seeds), tropical granola, fresh organic strawberries, coffee cake crumbles, Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter.

I’m appreciative of the new jar of Justin’s that made this breakfast possible.  And the fact that strawberries are finally in season.

Lunch:

Dionysos (Greek) salad from Mad Greens and pita bread on the side.

I’m appreciative of restaurants that ask whether you want onions of your salad, how much dressing you want and whether your salad has been tossed to your liking.

Also appreciative of a friend who doesn’t judge you when you snap a picture of your meal before eating it.  Even better when she offers up her own food to be photographed too!

Consider this the “What Hannah Ate Wednesday” portion of the post.

Pre-pool sippage:

The correct way to call this drink would be: iced grande vanilla soy light ice latte.

I’m appreciative of Starbucks.  Fact: Starbucks tastes better when it’s free and/or 90+ degrees outside.

Post-pool snackage:

Cascadian Farms Harvest Berry Chewy Granola Bar.

I’m appreciative of my pantry being fully stocked with store-bought snack bars for when I suddenly realize I’m famished.

Dinner:

Hummus, lettuce, pickles, olive salad, cucumbers, mushrooms and dijon on whole wheat from Which Wich.

I’m appreciative of my loving boyfriend who picks me up dinner before we head to a Rockies game.

And who’s always there to set me straight.  And to think I almost ate boring leftover pizza just for the sake of “not letting my readers see that I ate out twice in one day.”

Silliness.

Post-game snack:

Chocolate Chip Brownie Larabar (excuse my recycled picture).

I’m appreciative of my body’s metabolism, ‘nuff said 🙂

And don’t even think you’ve gotten out of having to hear about/see pictures of the non-food related happenings of my day yesterday.  That’s all still to come!

What are you appreciative of?

1. milehighmark permalink
    June 29, 2011 10:12 AM

Hey Lauren,
    You are going to need another latte today if you and Joey hung out for all 13 innings of last night’s game! Hopefully you got to see Tulo race around the bases for the winning run. Mad Greens is looking good – I’m sure I could score points with the wife by taking her there.

• June 29, 2011 2:04 PM

I once made the mistake of forcing Joey and a group of his friends to leave a game that had gone into extra innings before it ended. It ended up being some incredible come back and I will NEVER hear the end of it. Or leave a game early. In other words, yes we stayed the entire time.

2. June 29, 2011 10:48 AM

Your right, that grek salad does look yummy!! And so does that Which Which sandwich!! I haven’t been to a which which in FORever, and I miss it!

• June 29, 2011 2:01 PM

It was my first time eating there! I thought it was a great concept and an even better sandwich.

3. Katherine permalink
    June 29, 2011 10:48 AM

I am appreciative for my life. I think I need to do a post like this tonight. It is needed.

4. June 29, 2011 10:51 AM

*Greek

5. June 29, 2011 11:43 AM

I love the added appreciation. I’m definitely guilty of taking things for granted too often, and it’s only when I stop to really think about it that I realize how amazing life really is. Thanks for the reminder.

I’m appreciative of my desire to be healthy, and that it’s warm enough outside to make ice cream taste that much better 😀

• June 29, 2011 2:00 PM

I’ve never thought it was too cold for ice cream, but eating it when it’s hot outside is definitely better 🙂

6. June 29, 2011 12:10 PM

I appreciate that I am living my life the way I want to live it right now (including some Starbucks of my own–and FOR FREE, you’re right, that does make it even better…)

7. June 29, 2011 1:27 PM

Oh my goodness! I think you had my DREAM day of eats!! No joke. Oats for bfast. Justins pb. A fun salad, Which wich!!!! All that’s missing is some fro yo!!! LOL

• June 29, 2011 1:59 PM

The funny thing is we walked past one on our way back to the car from lunch! We should have stopped!

8. June 29, 2011 2:22 PM

I want a Mad Greens lunch – that looks like a salad that might actually be satisfying yum!

9. June 29, 2011 3:59 PM

I really need to go to Which Wich. I have now taken a total of two pictures of myself on top of a 14er with a Which Wich bag provided by other hikers, and apparently, if you take in those photos, they give you a free sandwich. I’m always very appreciative of free sandwiches. 🙂
    P.S. Isn’t Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter like crack in nut butter form? SO GOOD.

• June 30, 2011 9:49 AM

My friend was just telling me that Which Wich did that 14er deal! You can give the pictures to me and I’ll use them for you 🙂 That hazelnut butter tastes so much like dessert, and I’m totally okay with that!

10. June 29, 2011 6:26 PM

Lauren, you have the best eats EVER!! 😀 How did you like the Chocolate Chip Cookie Larabar? I’ve been wanting to try it.

• June 30, 2011 9:47 AM

Kat, it is my favorite!! Although that’s not saying much because other than choco chip brownie, I kind of hate Larabars.

11. June 29, 2011 6:31 PM

Mad Greens looks so good – and Which Wich! I’d definitely eat out more often if we had “fun” places like that 🙂

• June 30, 2011 9:32 AM

It was my first time eating at both places and I think I’m hooked!

12. June 29, 2011 7:32 PM

You have no idea how jealous I am of your hazelnut butter! I want some so bad lol 😦 That latte looks delicious, I love iced coffee on hot days

• June 30, 2011 9:32 AM

That stuff is so dang good! And by “that stuff” I mean hazelnut butter AND iced coffee.

13. June 29, 2011 7:58 PM

Starbuck’s always tastes better when your mom buys it for you (aka: it’s free).

• June 30, 2011 9:30 AM

Everything tastes better when someone else pays 🙂 But this wasn’t my mom’s doing, they just gave it to me!

14. squigglefloey permalink
    June 29, 2011 10:15 PM

What a thoughtful post.
    Definitely grateful for my health and that of my family and my best friends.
    also thankful for finally graduating this year and looking forward to seeing what’s next.

15. June 30, 2011 6:56 AM

oh… i think I’d quickly fall in love with Mad Greens!!

16. Shelley (findinghappinessandhealth) permalink
    June 30, 2011 11:38 AM

it is SO easy to take our lives for granted ! everyone does it though. Love your eats, that made greens restaurant sounds amazing 🙂

17. June 30, 2011 12:40 PM

Your eats make me drool…..I love simple meals. Oh and nothing wrong with eating out twice in one day 🙂