Blogger Meet Up 2.0

June 26, 2011

I feel like the blog experience really comes full circle when a blog friend becomes a real friend and I was lucky enough to make that happen yesterday when I finally met up with Lindsay of Summit Sandwiches.

image

This meet up was long overdue considering we both live in Boulder and have been reading each other’s blogs for probably close to a year.  Oh and did I mention we both ran the Denver Rock’n’Roll?  (Except Lindsay is hardcore and did the full marathon :))

Seriously, what were we waiting for?

Apparently we were waiting for the perfect work out to enjoy together.

Soul Sweat is a dance-type workout class set to music and I certainly set my inner dance demon free.  I danced from age 4 up until my senior year of high school and although I’ve definitely had a good number of solo and a few drunken dance parties in the comfort of my own home, this was the first structured(ish) dance class I’ve taken since.

It was fabulous to be in a room full of people letting loose and getting our groove on.  And the teacher, Chantal, was fabulous.  I’m really glad Lindsay introduced me to the class 🙂

And no food blogger meet up is complete without dinner, right?

We headed to Garbanzo.  I later described it to my mom as a Mediterranean version of Chipotle.

I was down, because with a name like that I knew there had to be hummus.  And now you know the true way to my heart.

We both went with the plate option and were guided down the line, making choices on salads, proteins and sauces as we went.  I think we ended up with similar plates.  Great minds think alike?!

On the plate:

• Falafel
  • Greens
  • Cabbage
  • Pickled eggplant
  • Vegetable salad
  • Tabuleh (that’s how they spelled it at least)
  • HUMMUS
  • Cilantro tahini
  • Lemon vinaigrette
  • Red chili (which was too spicy for me because I’m a spice baby)

Whole wheat pita on the side.

Blogger in action 🙂

Overall, my second ever blogger meet up was just great!  From the class, to the food, to the company.  Lindsay was just as funny, sweet and down to Earth as she seems on her blog and I’m so glad we finally met.

Let’s hope there’s some Boulder blogger hiking in our future!

Have you ever had a blogger meet up?  This was my second, read about my first here!

How do you feel about hummus?  If you don’t like it, I don’t think we can be friends.  Just kidding… kind of.

What have you been up to this weekend?  I’ve been working, reading, eating, Farmers’ Marketing and almost winning the last ever night of trivia (it’s being cancelled, eek!).

Happy Sunday!

1. June 26, 2011 6:19 AM

How do I feel about hummus? I love it. I can’t live without it. It makes my world go round.

2. June 26, 2011 6:24 AM

Aw, fun meet-up! I’ve never had one before 😦 And a med. version of chipotle? i’m so down.
    hummus…i love hummus. caesar hummus, especially…

• June 27, 2011 11:39 AM

Gah, me too. In fact I made lunch for Joey and I this weekend and secretly gave him the store bought hummus and kept the Caesar to myself. Muahaha!

3. June 26, 2011 7:01 AM

Jealous! Not only of your blogger meet-up, but of that dance workout too! I’ve never had a blogger meet-up because I think I live in blogger no-man’s-land, and there aren’t any foodies even remotely close to me. And I LOVE to get my dance on, so that kind of thing would be perfect… I have to keep my eyes open for something like it.

How I feel about hummus is the same way as how I feel about air… essential for life 😉

• June 27, 2011 11:38 AM

Couldn’t have put it better myself! You could always sign up for a healthy living blogger event. But if you ever do you better let me know — I would LOVE to meet you!

4. June 26, 2011 8:11 AM

I “kind of” had a blogger meet-up. But, I’ve known her for 5 years now, so ….. 🙂

Hummus is absolutely essential to life. 🙂

5. June 26, 2011 8:48 AM

Love love love hummus! And yes, I did meet up with a blogger once (Alexa at Simple Eats). It was so fun!

6. June 26, 2011 12:19 PM

Houmous is DEFINITELY the way to my heart, haha. The supermarket near me sells this amazing sweet chilli houmous, it’s mind-blowing.

Jealous of your blogger meetup! I’ve never met up with another blogger before, but I have met up with a couple of close internet friends in the past – with plans to meet more this summer! I love making new friends all over the place 😀

7. June 26, 2011 1:56 PM

Never had a blogger meet up!! I am a-okay with hummus and went Farmers Marketing as well. I go every weekend 🙂

8. June 26, 2011 5:22 PM

Sounds awesome!
    I am soooo jealous!

9. June 26, 2011 6:48 PM

Looks like so much fun and that workout sounds awesome! I haven’t done a meetup yet but hopefully sometime soon I will!

10. squigglefloey permalink
    June 26, 2011 6:56 PM

You know, I’m not that into hummus….I don’t know if it’s because I don’t like beans much, or if its because I’d rather spread my pita bread or what not with butter or cream cheese.
    Wah! I hope we’re still buddies 🙂 haha

• June 27, 2011 11:36 AM

What?! It’s okay, I understand. The whole mashed up bean thing kind of weirded me out the first time I tried hummus.

11. June 26, 2011 7:49 PM

Ahhhh…..love this! I’m so glad we finally were able to meet up! So much fun! And I think it’s pretty obvious that we both adore hummus. And a big yes to Boulder blogger hiking! 🙂

• June 27, 2011 11:35 AM

Sent my sister and my mom to Garbonzo yesterday and they both approved!

12. June 27, 2011 9:13 AM

Hummus is Yummus! I eat hummus on a daily basis. How does life go on without it?!