Snickerdoodles for Monday

December 5, 2011

Who doesn’t love a big fluffy Snickerdoodle?

Unless it’s a Snickerdoodle that’s “too salty,” like my mom and sister claimed a batch I made last year were.  I maintain that they’re both completely crazy as I didn’t get any complaints from anyone else.

Well lucky for them, the batch I made this year was salt-free.  No salt, just sugar, cinnamon and lots of fluff!

The best part, apart from how adorable these are and yes, cookies can be adorable, is that the bigger you make them, the fluffier they are.

I used Jessica’s “Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles” recipe, because with a title like that there’s no need to look for any other recipe.

When it comes to cookies, “fat” is a word you want to hear.

These were soft and cinnamon-sugary, plus they are pretty foolproof.  Anyone can roll balls of cookie dough in cinnamon sugar.

Then you can demand that everyone eat cinnamon sugar toast until the leftover mixture is used up.

At least I’m not demanding everyone eat salty Snickerdoodles, right?

**********************************

Are you a Snickerdoodle fan?

What did you do this weekend?  I know, I know, totally unrelated, but answer anyways.

1. December 5, 2011 9:03 AM

Oh I love snickerdoodles. So does Kohl, although I think the main reason he loves them is so he can roll the cookies in the cinnamon sugar..haha!

2. brittney permalink
    December 5, 2011 9:37 AM

I had no idea what a snickerdoodle was until a couple years ago but I am a fan! The fluffier they are, the more you can eat!

3. December 5, 2011 9:58 AM

Snickerdoodles are one of my all time favorite cookies!!! The fluffier the better 🙂

4. ADunn permalink
    December 5, 2011 10:18 AM

Love snickerdoodles, mainly because I like the word snickerdoodle and get to say it every other minute when I am baking them. By the way is it just me or is it snowing on your screen? And is the baking sheet you are using lined with one of those fancy non-stick sheets? I dont know the technical name but I want one.

• December 5, 2011 1:30 PM

It is snowing on my page!! Don’t know how or why but it’s fun 😛 And yes it’s a “fancy non-stick sheet” and I don’t know the technical name either. My mom got it from Target last year for Christmas. Just don’t put it in the broiler, unless you want your fire alarm to go off and your house to smell like burning rubber…

5. December 5, 2011 11:18 AM

Those look SO good. I love snickerdoodles, especially when they’re fat and fluffy!

6. December 5, 2011 8:57 PM

I love snickerdoodles! Those that you made look fantastic! 🙂

7. December 8, 2011 7:07 AM

Hehe I have the same banana habit! Otherwise I would need to buy so many bananas each week that I would be unable to carry them home!
    Plus they get brown and sweet and perfect in the fridge!