Things I’m Looking Forward To

September 22, 2011

Fall officially begins tomorrow (note: did you know you don’t capitalize the names of seasons?), which means taking a look at all the things the season will bring.

Like running my half marathon.

Okay, if it wasn’t for Sunday’s awesome run, I would have said I’m feeling really burnt out with training.  Mentally, at least.  I hate waking up early for weekday runs and I hate going straight from a long run to work for 8 hours.  And last week, I really hated bugs.

DSC03041

Signs of Training Burnout:

• You have long run irritability
  • You have almost-end-of-the-run, just-want-it-to-be-over-already irritability
  • You have short run irritability

**Note: After taking a week off from early runs and having the day of my long run off from work, I’m feeling a renewed sense of enjoyment for running 😛

But really, I’m excited for training (the hard part) to be over with and the race (the fun part) to be here.

Or maybe I’m just excited to go to Snooze again.

PA170611 Pancake flight for the win!

Squash.  Nuff said.

DSC02926

DSC03436

DSC03445

Pumpkin spice lattes.

DSC03427

Apples.

DSC03496

The pumpkin patch.

DSC03429

DSC03434 Carving those pumpkins.

DSC03452

DSC03453

Watching the leaves change.

DSC03408

DSC03588

Soup, stew, chili.

DSC03889

DSC03539

DSC04158

Continuing the search for a perfect pumpkin beer.

DSC03106

DSC03139

Which leads me to my next point.

Overdosing on pumpkin.

DSC03765

DSC03825

DSC03994

DSC03235

Okay, you get the point 😛

Note how football is not on the list.  Try to convert me all you want, Joey, but it’s not going to work.

DSC03584

I also really want to go to a murder mystery dinner show!!  Anyone care to join me?

***********************************

What are you most excited about this fall?

Have you ever been to a murder mystery dinner show?

1. September 22, 2011 3:04 PM

I am soo excited for pumpkin, sqaush, heck! Everything fall!! 🙂

2. September 22, 2011 3:49 PM

While you were on Google, you should have searched “first day of fall 2011”. I’ll save you the trouble: “In 2011, fall begins on September 23rd for countries in the Northern Hemisphere.”

Sorry to sound like an English teacher…couldn’t resist! 😉 But enjoy today, the last day of summer! Pumpkin beer tomorrow is all good though. 🙂

• September 22, 2011 7:02 PM

Gah!! I can’t believe no one corrected me yesterday!

3. September 22, 2011 4:09 PM

Ahhh if I wasn’t already excited about fall, I would be now! Also, I didn’t know you weren’t supposed to capitalize them 😉 hahaha

• September 22, 2011 7:03 PM

Me neither and I can’t believe I just figured it out.

4. September 22, 2011 4:44 PM

Oh my goodness, all your pictures just make me go FALLFALLFALL. Perfect depiction of fall.

I’m looking forward to apple stuffs, and stews. And candy corn.
    I love candy corn.

• September 22, 2011 7:04 PM

Ha ha, I’ve never been big on candy corn, but I’m with you on everything else 🙂

5. September 22, 2011 6:16 PM

I am totally with you on all the fall things, except that it is like 90* here in LA! Although I am so excited about the return of honeycrisp apples 🙂

I just paid for Kohl’s fieldtrip to the pumpkin patch in October….yippee!

• September 22, 2011 7:05 PM

Awww, what a cute field trip that will be! I hope you get to go.

6. September 22, 2011 6:56 PM

I just made pumpkin chocolate vegan truffles… I’m ready to overdose on pumpkin at any time!

• September 22, 2011 7:16 PM

Awesome!! Hope you plan on sharing. The recipe, I mean 🙂

7. brittney permalink
    September 23, 2011 7:10 AM

I love all the pictures! Did you actually carve those pumpkins? They look amazing.
    And you have beautiful hair by the way. So shiny!

• September 23, 2011 12:32 PM

I carved one of those pumpkins, but I cheated and used a stencil. And thanks so much!

8. survivingcandyland permalink
    September 23, 2011 2:14 PM

Wow you carve pumpkins like a professional. I am so jealous. I usually paint my pumpkins instead of carve. I’m so excited for the fall because I’m ready to wear boots and cute jackets. By the end of fall I’ll probably be in a comatose because of pumpkin.

9. September 26, 2011 7:23 PM

Let me know when you find the perfect pumpkin beer!