This Day Last Year

June 2, 2011

I wrote my first official blog post!  I say official because I may or may not have been writing posts in Word for a few weeks prior while I tried to get up the courage to create my own blog.

In other words…

Happy One Year Blogiversary to me!

I think I’ve come a long way since that first post, which included horrendous pictures like this…

Good god, how embarrassing.

Things are looking much better (and bigger) nowadays.

002

Overnight oats in a fancy shmancy glass, topped with granola, coconut butter, peanut butter, almond butter sauce and cranberry/blueberry jam.  What can I say, I don’t like having to pick and choose.

As painful as reading over my earliest posts are because of how awful some of the pictures are and how often I just stuck to the “post what you ate today” format, I actually really enjoyed browsing through them.  I expected to look back and cringe, but instead a saw a girl full of passion for all things healthy and delicious, who wasn’t afraid to try new things in the kitchen or admit when a run went badly or a recipe turned out to be a flop.

I looked and sounded happy.

And although this year has had it’s fair share of rough patches, all in all, I’m still that happy passionate girl today Smile

006 (2)

Happy, passionate and did I mention goofy embarrassing?

008

I’ve stepped outside my comfort zone and tried new foods, found new forms of exercise, opened up to new friends and cultivated relationships with those I already had.

160

PA170602

I learned to listen to my body.

020

I grew out of some of the bad habits I had with food and found a much healthier relationship with it.

021

I stayed true to myself and didn’t let others get in the way of my happiness, even if that meant staying in on a Friday night.

With tea and cookies, obviously.

007

But I also allowed myself to indulge.

011

136

I think finding a balanced life is always a work in progress, but right now I can say I’m truly happy with the lifestyle I found in this past year.

And more importantly, I’m happy with myself.

Thanks for sharing this big blog milestone with me, friends.  I honestly don’t know where I’d be without you all.

P.S.  The outpouring of love continues and I thank each and every one of you for your wise words Open-mouthed smile

Recipe and race review are still coming, I promise!

1. June 2, 2011 6:17 PM

Happy Blogiversary! I am very glad to have met you, and as an outsider looking in I can certainly say that I view you as a happy, passionate young woman. Can’t wait to keep on reading!

2. June 2, 2011 6:49 PM

Yay Happy Blogiversay girl!!! Keep on blogging because I love reading 😉

3. June 2, 2011 6:49 PM

Happy Blogiversary, Lauren! Here’s to another year (and another, and another, and… ;)) I know I just found your blog not too long ago, but I’m definitely loving it. Your posts are always genuine, well written, and full of tasty eats! It’s a pleasure to visit 🙂

4. June 2, 2011 6:57 PM

Happy Blogiversary! Mine is coming up soon!

5. June 2, 2011 7:06 PM

Aww, I loved this post. I am so glad you have found more inner peace! My first blog photos and posts are horrendously embarrassing as well. And so boring! I didn’t share ANY personal details – just straight up recipes. Lame.

• June 2, 2011 10:03 PM

Persoanl details are what keeps readers coming back for more 🙂

6. The Teenage Taste permalink
    June 2, 2011 7:17 PM

Happy Blog Birthday, Lauren! Although I am a fairly new reader, I must admit I love your blog already! I can’t wait to see what another year of blogging has in store! 😀

7. June 2, 2011 7:32 PM

Happy blogiversarry! I’m glad that looking back was good and not bad. 🙂

8. squigglefloey permalink
    June 2, 2011 8:14 PM

Happy Annivversarry! 🙂 Really enjoying your posts lately!
    Ps. your blue eyes are so gorgeous!

9. June 2, 2011 9:51 PM

Happy Blogiversary, Lauren!!!!!! Here’s to many more years of your insightful, hilarious, and always lovely food and/or life-related musings….:) I somehow managed to miss my own blogiversary (in early May) by a month, and I feel like at this point it’s too late to celebrate it. Whoops. Maybe next year? Lol…

• June 2, 2011 10:02 PM

I was sure I had missed mine because I kept forgetting to look when it was but luckily I hadn’t! Happy late anniversary!!

10. June 3, 2011 7:27 AM

happy 1 year Lauren!! I was just reading through my old posts the other day and, similar to you, was really embarrassed by how god awful they were. The worst thing is, I thought I was SO legit.

11. June 3, 2011 9:19 AM

Happy blogiversary!!! And congrats on everything you’ve accomplished in the past year, I’m happy I found your blog and look forward to reading for a long time! 🙂

12. milehighmark permalink
    June 3, 2011 10:12 AM

You live a fun and interesting life Lauren, thanks for sharing it. I like that your blog goes way beyond food (like going to baseball games, NOLA, and spending time with family). And the fact that your readers can count on a post from you (or Joey sometimes – he’s got your tacos!) just about everyday, completely amazes me. Your photos are stunning and have come a long way – please keep spoiling your readers! 🙂

• June 3, 2011 7:03 PM

THANK YOU, MARK. Really, that comment means to much to me 🙂

13. June 3, 2011 8:40 PM

Happy blogiversary! Here’s to the next year!! xoxo