Memorable Memorial Moments

May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day, friends.  I hope you all enjoyed (and are still enjoying!) your holiday, and the weekend that came along with it.  I know I did.

I wish I had the energy to recap all the fun that went on this weekend but running a 10K, in record time I might add, coupled with the whole waking up a 5:45 AM thing has left me pretty tired.  So instead, please accept some snapshots of the most memorable moments.  And consider the snapshots just s sample of more detailed posts to come later this week.

I recreated a pesto pasta salad with shrimp that I ate while vacationing in New Orleans.

Seriously good.

I had a fabulous (if not slightly belated) celebratory dinner at Root Down in Denver.

It was the perfect night.  And the food was delightful.

Hello, lover.

And I ended the weekend by running the Bolder Boulder 10K on a super cloudy day.

Talk about ominous.

Did I mention I convinced Joey to drop back to my wave and run with me?

Like I said, two is better than one.

And I went to a sandwich shop with the biggest vegetarian menu EVER.

Not that I was complaining.

And a few things that arenโ€™t worth mentioning past this post.

Like breaking the piece of the fridge that turns the light on.

Reach into the dark fridge at your own discretion.

And was elated when I noticed Joey finally got a hair cut.

And ate a black bean burger topped with cranberry blueberry jam, all of which was served over a bed of greens.

In other words, Iโ€™m still eating weird combinations of foods.

But enough about me, how was your Memorial Day weekend??

1. May 30, 2011 5:48 PM

Full of studying!
    Congrats on PR’ing your race!

2. May 30, 2011 6:01 PM

Yeah Bolder Boulder!!!! I “ran” it with a few of my coworkers and the high schoolers we work with, so my race was far from a PR…but it was easily the most fun I’ve ever had doing a race. We did the slip and slide, took silly pictures of ourselves during the race, and danced to all the bands. SO much fun! Can’t wait to do it next year!

• May 30, 2011 6:45 PM

Joey was really concerned with training so he could run the BB really fast, until I reminded him that the BB is too fun of a race to take that seriously. I hope you got yourself a marshmellow!

3. May 30, 2011 6:58 PM

the pesto pasta salad looks AMAZING!

My weekend was pretty good. Some lake time, some friend time, and some relaxation time.

4. May 30, 2011 7:01 PM

Looooooong ๐Ÿ™‚

5. May 30, 2011 7:45 PM

You are so cute! ๐Ÿ˜€

6. May 31, 2011 10:03 AM

interesting weekend haha great eats! I love restaurants that serve healthy fresh food;)

7. May 31, 2011 4:01 PM

Congrats on the race!

Oh and your recipe….totally love the shrimp pasta salads in NO!! Can’t wait for it ๐Ÿ™‚