Round Up: A Week in Review
Can I just tell you that this happened yesterday.
I was leaning over the veggie drawer in the fridge and tossed a bag of garlic onto the counter and it landed directly in the glass of water I had just poured myself. This is more astounding if you know how bad I am at throwing/catching/aiming.
What are the chances?
Anyways, moving on. It’s Friday! Aka rest day, aka I’m going to the pool day. Oh and did I mention I’m seeing Harry Potter? I’m beyond excited <— nerd alert!
Seeing as it’s Friday, I thought I’d do something fun and give you a week in review. Reviews are always fun, aren’t they? Unless it’s a test review. Those, not so much, but I digress.
This week in blog land:
- I scared everyone away by opening my post with pictures of a bacon-topped cupcake or so I’m assuming, due to the whopping 5 comments I got back.
- I shared recipes for jam, crumb cake and pigs in a blanket and was happily surprised by how many people also love pigs in a blanket, as well as jealous that many of you have the ability to write your own recipes.
- I posted everything I ate on Tuesday and talked about judging others’ food choices.
- And finally, I announced that I’m training for a half marathon and loved all your wonderful responses.
Feel free to go check out anything you missed. Or revisit that pigs in a blanket recipe. You know you want to!
In the real world:
- I discovered plums and chocolate hazel nut butter are an amazing combo.
But really, what isn’t good when covered in nut butter?
- I got a blender from my mom
You know your blender is high-tech when it has a “Frappe” setting.
- I got a pedicure and realized feet pictures just can’t be good looking. Oh and that I have weird veins in my feet that creep me out.
- I spent way too long at Target looking for a certain hairspray and left empty-handed. Only to find it at Walmart and on sale, no less!
Please ignore my yoga mat. A girl needs one set out in the living room at all times in case the urge to downward-dog should arise.
I was denied by Foodgawker because this picture has dim lighting? Say what?!
I attempted to make pancakes using coconut milk (full fat!) and may have thinned the batter out a bit too much…
I remedied them by dousing them in maple syrup and enjoying a bowl of watermelon on the side. Which brings me to my next point.
I ate my weight in watermelon this week. Joey informed me that he did as well. Yet there’s still an entire bag full in the fridge!
Fact: I am eating watermelon as I write this post.
Not 100% sure I love millet, but anything that involves olives and goat cheese has my seal of approval.
It may have had something to do with the fact that I was in a great mood, but I loved this dinner. I totally didn’t follow directions and swapped fish out for tempeh and made up my own marinade but the idea was the same.
The jalapeno raita had me coughing up a storm while I was making it (am I the only one who gets jalapeno fumes stuck in their throat??), but once it was made it was really great.
With watermelon on the side, naturally.
Camera cord photo bomb in the corner.
Oh and don’t even get me started on those tortillas. LOVED. It was a mixture of corn and flour and they rocked.
I would make this again for the smells it created in my kitchen alone!
When are they going to start making basil-scented perfume?
I cut the oil down from 1/4 cup to 1 T because, well after I added the 1 T I felt it didn’t really need the rest. It was creamy enough from the strawberries.
When I poured the pesto onto the noodles it seriously smelled like some kind of berry pastry!
Overall I thought this was a really nice recipe. It screamed summer and I loved that sweet hint the strawberries gave the pesto.
Oh, and I’m eating a bowl right now.
Last, but not least.
Which had me using wonton wrappers for the first time ever.
And honestly, I haven’t baked or tried these yet. But look how cute they are!
I know, right, so cute.
Oh and I totally de-veganized them by adding real cheese. What can I say, I like me some cheese.
I’ll let you know how they turn out. Because I know you’re all on the edge of your seats about it.
Number of Rockies games attended this week: 1
Number of times listened to this song: too many to count
Miles ran so far: 9, not including Sunday
Money spent on groceries: too much!
Pages read: 0…
Days till we move: 9!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Best meal/snack/purchase/event of the week?