Round Up: Springtime Happenings
1. It’s time to break out the sunglasses.
And maybe take a trip to the future, because that’s where these sunglasses belong.
2. My mom really wants to give her puppy a friend.
I fully support this endeavor. And that puppy friend is totally welcome to live at my apartment.
Although I think that defeats the purpose of getting a second dog…
3. I do things like this at work.
I’m really mature. And I’m not the only one…
4. You wouldn’t believe how excited Joey was when this truck rolled around the corner in our apartment complex.
5. Sometimes I prefer portabella burgers to real burgers.
But only sometimes.
And I always prefer sweet potato fries to regular fries.
6. I realized I’m not a fan of Peeps.
However, this cake was adorable.
7. I still love Biker Jim’s.
And will continue to use Rockies games as an excuse to eat dinner there as often as possible.
8. I saw baby artichokes in Cooking Light last week and squealed “Ooooooh myyyyy goooooosh, baby artichokes!!!!!” for a full 5 minutes.
I was super excited when I saw them in person at the grocery store. How ridiculously cute!
9. I made Whole Wheat Butternut Squash Pancakes for Pancake Sunday last week.
Topped with bananas, walnuts and maple syrup. Holy thick fluffy yum.
10. I watched Joey eat a slice of cake with a knife last week at his cousin’s engagement party.
And this was before he had about 5 beers, a shot of tequila and a Irish Car Bomb.
On another note, I’m so.fricken.over. being the DD.
11. We started a new Friday night ritual.
It involves tacos and it’s amazingly delicious. Remember when I thought I didn’t like tacos? Such nonsense.
These tilapia tacos from Cooking Light were so so good. Really. And tis the season for grilled pineapple!
12. This weekend marked our first visit to the Boulder Farmers’ Market this season.
It was just as expensive, busy and full of dog-walking people in workout clothes as ever, but I’m just so head over heels for Mod Market that I’ll basically go anywhere if I can eat their food.
13. We celebrated my sister’s 20th birthday on Saturday!
We feasted on pizza.
And ice cream.
And then all felt right in the world.
She’s not a teenager anymore!
Back to the work week, friends.
What were the highlights of your weekend?
Do you have a good local Farmers’ Market?
What’s your favorite taco filling?