WIAW: Say I’m Not the Only One

December 7, 2011

FYI I haven’t frozen to death yet in the arctic tundra known as Colorado.  I know you were worried.

But I do plan on doing everything in my power to stay indoors as much as possible.  I’ve got a fridge loaded with soup and stew to help me with that goal.

And cookies.  Lots and lots of cookies.

Anyways, this week’s What I Ate Wednesday post has a theme.  And it’s not “cookies for every meal,” although I might not mind that.

Peas and Crayons

Please tell me I’m not the only one…

Who always has half a banana in the fridge.

Not because I can’t finish a whole banana, but because I need to conserve bananas.  Duh.

This morning’s half served as a good pre at-home-yoga snack.

Who has to have a morning mug of tea.

And who has to keep their honey bear upside down, apparently.

Who thinks chocolate is a breakfast food and chocolate chip mint pancakes are the best vehicle to get said chocolate to your mouth.

Who isn’t a fan of the eggnog latte.

I made myself a short and two sips in, I realized I just wanted a plain cup of steamed eggnog.

My mom is probably disowning me as she reads this.

Who thinks shoveling soup in their mouth during their 10-minute break is attractive.

soup 2 Kale and Roasted Vegetable Soup

Told you I really like this soup.

Who thinks nothing beats a classic snack of an apple and peanut butter.

Who thinks soup for lunch and stew for dinner makes for an awesome, warm and comforting day.

IMG_3536 Swiss Chard, Chickpea and Tamarind Stew.

For the record, I have no idea what tamarind is, so there’s none of it in this stew.  Oopsies.

And who thinks one cookie doesn’t really do the trick.

Whoa.

Best.chocolate.peanut.butter.cookie.ever.

Don’t worry, the recipe is coming at you tomorrow.

And I know I’m not the only one thanking Jenn of Peas and Crayons today for hosting the WIAW party.  Thanks, Jenn!

****************************************

This is the part where you tell me I’m not the only one.

Or you tell me what the best thing you ate yesterday was.

About these ads
  1. December 7, 2011 9:38 AM

haha! i’m with you on so many of these. especially the 1/2 banana and the apple/peanut butter snack. my boyfriend thinks i’m weird to always have 1/2 banana around – whatever!

and i can’t believe how cold it is in CO. i’m actually applying for jobs (2 of which are in CO) and your posts are making me nervous (i’m in GA). i get cold just reading them…. :)

2. December 7, 2011 10:32 AM

I’ve been drinking tea like crazy… esp. with staying home all day and studying for finals! I drink at least 5 cups a day.. plus a few cups of coffee spread throughout. Our house is freezing and its the only way to keep warm!
    My boyfriend always gets annoyed with me when I put half bananas in the fridge unless I put them in a bag or container… he thinks they’re going to rot and get rotten banana stuff all over everything? I don’t see what the big deal is!

• December 7, 2011 11:20 AM

Ha ha! I don’t see the big deal either. Obviously :P

3. December 7, 2011 10:39 AM

Ooo I want that recipe. Tease!

And eggnog latte? Blech! NO thank you!

4. December 7, 2011 12:01 PM

Wow. Those cookies look awesome!!

5. December 7, 2011 12:16 PM

Hahah totally agree with the morning cup of tea, half bananas, and disliking the eggnog latte :) Happy WIAW!

6. December 7, 2011 12:45 PM

delicious post. We get tamarind here in Kuwait and I’m not a fan.. so maybe it’s a good thing you left it out!

7. December 7, 2011 3:44 PM

The cookies! They look like big fluffy Rolos.
    I just recently tried a sliced apple and PB for the first time, it’s SO good. I can’t believe I waited this long.

8. December 7, 2011 4:08 PM

That cookie looks deliciousssss!

9. December 7, 2011 6:42 PM

I need to try the eggnog latte from starbucks! I’ve tried the eggnog flavored coffee from coffee bean and it was so yummy!

10. December 7, 2011 8:05 PM

You are not the only one, especially for the soup! I’m not a big soup eater, but I find I slurp it down in SECONDS if I really like it.

11. December 7, 2011 11:33 PM

Def. not the only one. I hate eggnog! haha. And I’m usually always freezing in the winter too. :P
    Oh, ditto on the bananas. I usually only find I need half with my breakfast.