Round Up: The Long Lost Post Series
Is it just me or is July the best month? Maybe I’m biased because it’s my birthday month? Either way, Happy July, friends!
Anyways, I realized I’m kind of a bad person. As in a lot of times I say things and don’t follow up on them.
Like that whole “Round Up” post series I started in February and have since neglected.
Forgive me. And accept this round up post as a consolation prize. There’s even two kinda sorta big announcements in there just to keep your attention
1. Baby niece Belle is still as cute as ever.
2. My basil plant is still alive and kickin’.
What up, fresh basil supply?
Mom, I know you gave me a pot to use but Joey had already bought this new one and no offense, but it’s much cuter.
3. After much deliberation, I’ve come to the conclusion that grill marks make everything look/taste better.
Especially when it’s all on one plate.
4. I finally tried “voluminous oats.”
And was disappointed in the outcome.
Volume, yes. Held me over, no. Although my appetite has been a beast lately, so that might have more to do with it.
I’ll stick to gooey uncooked overnight oats for now.
5. I know spelt berries have some long list of nutritional benefits, but I just eat them because I love the chew!
6. I’ve developed a serious problem.
It’s called the late night blog reading addiction. And it’s interfering with my sleep.
Which makes me feel like this all day.
And causes a guy at work to ask “Are you awake?” every time he sees me.
“No, no I’m not. Pass the chai.”
I’ve implemented a “no using the internet after I get home from work” rule, and have consequently been getting to bed earlier, waking up more refreshed and feeling more energized during morning work outs. Imagine that.
7. I’ve learned that just because it looks good doesn’t mean it tastes good.
Soggy eggplant does not a good wrap make.
Luckily, dessert is harder to mess up so long as it involves crepes, bananas, strawberries, hazelnut and chocolate.
And on that note…
8. Mid-day dessert is always welcome in my life.
Okay, time for the more “serious” points. And by serious I mean exciting and probably only important to me.
9. Joey and I are officially moving. Again.
“But Lauren, you just moved!”
Believe me, I know. I’m sure you’d love for me to bore you with all the logistics of this decision but I’ll spare you and just say, bottom line: Joey and I are looking for a place for just the two of us. Whoa, big moves forward in this relationship, eh?
It doesn’t really feel like a big deal to either of us. It was just time and we’re excited.
10. We just booked a trip to Santa Fe for my birthday next week!
I’m particularly excited because:
A) I have a few days off from work
B) Joey’s never been to SF so I’ll get to show him the ropes
C) I can enjoy this again.
I’m off to hot yoga, then a wedding
What’s going on in your life that you’ve forgotten to mention?