I survived the first day of school. But just barely. Let the stress begin!…for one more semester EVER.
I nixed my morning workout because the roads were snowy and the highway was at a crawl so I knew I needed to leave extra extra early.
Plus I needed time to enjoy some oats.
I think I need to lay off the chocolate oats. Normal oats aren’t tasting sweet enough lately…
Don’t remind me I said that when you see me eating chocolate oats later this week.
I meant to crumble some vegan chocolate banana bread over my oats but I totally forgot. Oops! There’s always tomorrow.
Between class and work I go from 11-7 on Mondays so I needed some good lunch fuel.
Cue the nut loaf.
I can’t get over how good this is! I think I’ll cry when the leftovers run out.
We ate this last night with cauliflower. Are you a fan of cauliflower? I love eating it raw and dipping it in hummus but when it’s cooked it tends to be a little flavorless/lackluster/gross, take your pick.
This cauliflower recipe was awesome. I remember my mom making “mashed potatoes” out of cauliflower a few times when I was younger and I always loved it. This recipe just takes it up one more notch!
Smooth & Simple Mashed Cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower till extremely soft.
- Puree in a food processor with coconut oil and nutritional yeast. Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
So easy and it results in some seriously smooth “mashed potatoes.”
I think even a cauliflower hater would like these.
Tales from the first day of the semester:
- I left my apartment at 9:15 and made it to class by 11. I hate you, public transportation.
- I thought I was taking contemporary women writers but it turns out I’m taking “Topics in Advanced Theory: Music, Networks and Digital Media,” which doesn’t sound nearly as fun.
- I’m taking a class called “Hip Hop Poetics” and we have a class DJ and a class MC and my teacher definitely performed some Rapper’s Delight midway through class.
- I walked into my “Health & Nutrition” class and board said “What should I eat?” so I can already tell I’m going to like that class!
I don’t have class till 2 PM today so running will be done!