Shopping on a Saturday
Black Friday, who? I do my Christmas shopping on the following Saturday.
Oatmeal for two was cooked this morning. I swear it’s just wayyy creamier when I make it for two as opposed to one.
When I asked Joey what toppings he wanted he replied with “just brown sugar” — talk about boring!
I went with granola, Justin’s Choco Hazlenut and apple butter.
I think I’m in a topping rut but I did just pick up my first jar of Crofter’s + a new granola so hopefully things will change.
After breakfast, meal planning ensued. I love when meal planning goes quickly and this was one of those weeks, yahoo!
We made stops at various stores for Christmas related purchases and returns (plus a trip to Whole Foods, because I just can’t resist). We also entertained ourselves with some snowglobes.
He was about to make it in!
We returned home for a late lunch of leftovers (for me at least) and some homework, bleh. So not ready to go back to school
Lunch cheered me up a bit.
I guess since I keep eating this soup I should give up the recipe, huh?
Easy & Hearty Minestrone Soup
- 1t olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 1T Italian spice blend
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes + juice
- 3/4 cup small pasta (I used elbows)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a pot over medium heat, then add onion and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, zucchini, celery and Italian spice blend, stir and cook 2-3 more mintues.
- Add broth and turn heat to high. Bring soup to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add tomatoes/juice, beans and pasta and cook 15-20 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
After I refrigerated the soup the liquid disappeared so I simply added some water and it was good to go.
Plus half an Udi’s Eggplant Panini that I microwaved then stuck in the broiler to re-toast the bread.
With our hunger taken care of we were free to return to shopping, groceries included.
Ended the night with dinner at PF Chang’s (thanks for the free gift cards, Denver Rock’n'Roll Half Marathon) and my favorite couple, aka our roomies Hannah and Josh.
Sunday already? Grooooooaaaaaaannnnn.