In <3 with Breakfast
Friday morning’s breakfast was spectacular. I had a pancake craving that needed to be satisfied in a big way. Enter Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (serves one):
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2T homemade Scottish oats
- 1/2T ground flax
- 1/2t pumpkin pie spice
- pinch baking powder (I hate being able to taste this!!)
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2T pumpkin
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, oats, flax, flax, spice, powder)
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl (almond milk, pumpkin)
- Add wet to dry and drop into greased skillet. I separated my batter into 3 pancakes.
- Cook on low until easily flippable, which is totally a word.
- Top and enjoy!
So what could possibly rival yesterday’s breakfast? How about today’s breakfast?
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Really wrong. I blame Tonka entirely. But breakfast helped to brighten things up
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- dash pumpkin pie spice
Topped with granola, cashews and hazlenut buttah. Yummmm.
A homemade pumpkin spice latte courtesy of Mama Pea. I have a lot of fun planned for today and knew caffeine was necessary so I pulled out the coffee maker for the first time in, oh say, a year? For some reason I suspect you coffee addicted bloggers will find that insane
Off to the pumpkin patch! <3